- 1 The Power of White Background Product Photography
- 1.1 Why White Background Photos?
- 1.2 Pros and Cons of White Backgrounds
- 1.3 Equipment for White Background Product Photography
- 1.4 How to Take White Background Product Photography
- 1.5 How to Edit White Background Product Photography
- 1.6 4 Tips for White Background Product Photography
The Power of White Background Product Photography
In the fast-paced world of e-commerce, where a picture is worth a thousand words, your product photography can make or break a sale. Did you know that a decent white background product photography can generate more sales than a good product caption? Based on many surveys online, consumers stated that images influence their purchase more than words do. We’ve catered to over 2000 clients within the ten years of our product sourcing career. And when businesses ask us for tips to generate more sales, the one piece of advice we always give is to optimize their product photography.
Why White Background Photos?
This article explains why and how you should take your own product photos using a white background. So, scroll along and discover the magic of white background product photography!
When to Use White Background Photos?
Use a seamless white background when you want to isolate your subject in shooting portraits or when doing a DIY product photo. Images are the first thing customers look at. So, if you want them to look at your goods right away, use a white backdrop to draw their attention to the product.
Why Use White Backgrounds?
Here is the list of reasons you should use a pure white background for your product’s images:
- A white background makes your products stand out. Just like a spotlight on a stage, it highlights your product.
- Without too many distractions, consumers will know what you can offer right away. This is important in E-commerce businesses. Because looking at product photos is the only time customers can visually see your product on screen.
- They’re easy to edit. White background photos are easier to modify than product shots with colored backgrounds. So, you can have versatility in the future for your product photos.
- They will make your store look professional. A consistent white background in all your product images will make you come off as a capable business.
Pros and Cons of White Backgrounds
- It boosts sales. According to eBay, listings with professional-looking images are 5% more likely to sell. It’s cost-effective and impactful.
- It’s cost-efficient. Using a white background is cheap, but it will make your business look luxurious.
- For beginners, it can be hard to avoid shadows during DIY product photography. But we’ve got tips to overcome this challenge!
Equipment for White Background Product Photography
Here are the pieces of equipment you’ll need to do high-quality product photography for your online business:
- Shooting Table: This is where you place your products.
- Light sources: Pay great attention to your lighting setup. You can use a light tent, lightbox, or even natural lighting to your advantage.
- Professional Camera: Choose a camera and camera lens best suited for your products.
- Tripod: This ensures that your shot is steady even if you shoot it from different angles.
- Plain White Background: Choose your preferred materials. You can use a foam board, white paper, white space, or a white wall.
How to Take White Background Product Photography
Here are the six steps to successful product photography:
- Choose the type of lighting – use direct light for excellent results.
- Set up your background with a smooth curve.
- Position your product correctly for optimal shooting.
- Set up your tripod for steady shots.
- Get your camera settings right for perfect product images.
- Take the product image from various angles to highlight key details.
How to Edit White Background Product Photography
Editing white background product photography can take your images to the next level. Here’s how:
- Background removal using software like Photoshop.
- Adjust the brightness to make your product pop.
- Remove any spots and imperfections.
- Adjust the color to make it visually appealing.
- Resize and save your image for the platform you’re using.
4 Tips for White Background Product Photography
- You can use your phone if you don’t have a DSLR camera. Just make sure to put it in the highest possible settings possible.
- Brighten your backdrop as much as possible without affecting the subject. Optimize your lighting kit and make your backdrop as white as possible.
- If you’re a beginner, stick to free photo-editing software on the internet. GIMP is a great choice.
- Practice makes perfect. Keep trying, and you will undoubtedly get better at product photography.
FAQs about White Background Product Photography
1. How to take headshots using a white background?
- Make sure there’s space between the subject and the background. Light the background completely and focus your camera on the subject to make the background look blown out.
2. How to photograph White on White?
- Increase your background’s lighting to make your product pop out from the pure white background.
3. Which is the best material to use as a white background?
- Vinyl is the best material to use as a backdrop. It’s opaque and durable.
4. How to set up your equipment?
- Ensure enough light for the background, correct camera settings, tripods for stability, and easy access to your table.
5. What’s Next
- Professional product images are essential for a successful eCommerce business. Use a white background to make your product pop and attract customers. If you’re still searching for suppliers of quality goods, contact Ningqu for assistance.