Sourcing from China: Your Ultimate Guide to Success
In the vast realm of global trade, sourcing from China has emerged as a pivotal strategy for entrepreneurs looking to elevate their business ventures. China, often referred to as the ‘Workshop of the World,’ offers a treasure trove of opportunities for those who know how to navigate its intricacies.
In this comprehensive guide, we’re here to answer all your burning questions about sourcing from China. From product selection to quality control, we’ve got you covered. So, grab a cup of your favorite beverage and join us on this enlightening journey.
1. What kind of products do you source?
We specialize in setting up the production of new products, but we can also source pre-existing products. The possibilities are endless; here are some product ranges we’ve sourced:
- Sourcing top trending profitable products for Amazon, eBay, Shopify, or e-commerce websites.
2. What quantity do I need to buy?
The minimum order quantity (MOQ) can vary, but typically, around 1000 pieces is considered normal. However, we can negotiate on your behalf thanks to our strong factory relationships.
3. What about samples and prototypes?
We strongly recommend getting 2-3 samples from the factory before proceeding with your order. In some cases, multiple samples may be required, so factor this into your budget. The sample cost is typically the individual unit cost multiplied by three.
4. Struggling to find a unique product with high margins?
Sometimes, you have to think outside the box. Go through Pinterest for quirky ideas or search through Amazon using auto-suggest to identify popular searches. It might be time-consuming, but it’s worth it.
5. Can my supplier liquidate extra stock without my consent?
It’s risky to allow your supplier to liquidate stock without a clear agreement. Ensure your contracts and purchase orders address this issue, especially if you have valuable intellectual property to protect.
6. Do Chinese manufacturers need a special export license?
For smaller or newer manufacturers, obtaining an export license can be a time-consuming process. Using a trading company can be more cost-effective for them in the beginning, but it’s not required for most industries.
7. How can I find a reputable agency in China?
Legitimacy, track record, specialization, and transparent pricing are key factors when choosing an agency. Ensure your service agreement is well-defined and clearly outlines the terms.
8. Does stating a target price benefit buyers in China?
While it’s not advisable to reveal your target price during the Request For Quotation process, using the best price you find as leverage to negotiate with your top supplier can lead to a better price-quality ratio.
9. How to ensure suppliers respect contract terms?
Contracts signed in front of a group can be more effective due to the importance of not losing face. Make contracts bi-lingual, easy to understand, and ensure the supplier understands and agrees to the terms.
10. What’s the most important aspect of a product launch?
Begin with a strong PPC campaign to make your listing visible in search results. Also, explore YouTube for valuable tips on product launches.
11. Is it worth waiting for a unique product?
Patience is a virtue in the world of e-commerce. It’s often worth the wait to have a unique product that sets you apart from the competition.
12. What products can be manufactured in China?
China is known as the world’s workshop, and it can manufacture a wide range of products. It’s all about finding the right suppliers.
13. What happens to the information I provide regarding my product?
Your privacy and intellectual property protection are important. We can arrange non-disclosure agreements and ensure your information is handled with care.
14. Why should I source materials from China?
China offers a vast variety of high-quality materials at competitive prices. It’s a global supplier, and its products meet international standards.
15. Do factories compensate for damaged goods?
Defective goods are rare due to stringent inspections. If damage occurs during shipment, goods are insured. If a part can be replaced, we’ll help you get a replacement.
16. How does Ningqu secure the best available price?
Our network of factories competes for your business by offering the best price while maintaining quality standards.
17. Why pay for samples when they’re available for free online?
Paying for samples ensures you’re only covering the direct cost to the factory. With free samples online, you may end up paying more when placing an order.
18. How to avoid defective goods and poor quality?
Prevention is key. Define your quality needs, ensure the factory understands your criteria, and implement a robust quality control program.
19. What if defective merchandise arrives at my warehouse?
With an agent or full-service provider, you have recourse and can get a credit on future orders to address the situation.
20. What’s the best approach to China sourcing?
Choose the approach that suits your specific needs: the direct approach, the agent approach, or the full service provider.
21. What savings can I expect from sourcing in China?
Expect savings in production costs, tooling costs, and intermediary steps. The level of savings depends on the product.
22. What products are ideal for sourcing in China?
High labor content, quality/labor ratio, and sufficient value to justify shipping costs are ideal for sourcing in China.
23. Can Ningqu help with my buying program?
We offer a wide range of sourcing-related services for importers of all levels of experience. Our services provide direct access to competitive Chinese manufacturers.
24. What if the supplier doesn’t ship the order and keeps the deposit?
You can link the supplier’s payment to performance milestones or use other protective measures to minimize risk.